The current firmware of various Satellite service providers has an EDID interpretation bug that is prone to errors during 3D content playback via CAT5 baluns. To isolate this issue we recommend use any of Key Digital® Phantom Series™ HDMI Distribution Amplifiers, or Key Digital® Phantom Series™ HDMI Switchers, between Set Top Box and KD-CATHDX HDMI balun. The HDMI Distribution Amplifier or Switcher must be set to the 3D default EDID.
- 3D - Capability to pass broadcast (1080p/720p) 3D stereoscopic signal formats
- Contains 1 KD-CATHDXTx Transmitter and 1 KD-CATHDXRx Receiver Baluns
- Supports all SD, HD, and VESA (VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA, UXGA) resolutions up to 1080p (60Hz & 50Hz)
- SD & HD: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- VESA / DVI: From 640x480p up to 1920x1200p
- Full Support for HDMI Advanced Features with HDCP
- Support for 12-Bit Deep Color Video at 480p/720p/1080i
- Supports lossless compressed digital audio:
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS™-HD Master Audio
- Works with standard UTP CAT5, 5e or CAT6 cabling. STP CAT6 may also be utilized in hostile electrical environments. The shield of CAT6 must be soldered on both ends to the shield of RJ45 connector used. The CAT5/5e/6 cable has to be terminated according to TIA/EIA-568-B standard. The use of STP CAT5, 5e is not recommended.
- Transmits (KD-CATHDXTx) and receives (KD-CATHDXRx) HDMI/DVI 1080p/60 signals up to 1501 feet and HDMI 1080p/24, 1080i, 720p signals up to 300 feet over two CAT5e/6*
- Can be used to extend bi-directional IR signals or uni-directional RS-232 control. Use the 3.5mm mono mini connection on the KD-CATHDXTx and KD-CATHDXRx.
- Enables the use of less expensive CAT5e/6 UTP cabling for HDMI/DVI signal extension
- Key Digital is the official technology adopter of both HDMI® and HDCP technologies, and all Key Digital products are fully licensed and compatible with all HDMI and HDCP techologies. Please click here for more information.
- Regulation: CE, RoHS, WEEE
- Rack Mount: Bracket (included)
- Enclosure: Black Metal
- Product Dimensions: L = 3.5" W = 1.75" H = 1"
- Shipping Carton Dimensions: L = 7.5" W = 8.5" H = 2"
- Product Weight: 0.6 lb
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Accessories: Mounting Bracket, Locking HDMI Cable Clip, UL Certified Power Supplies
1 Must use CAT5e/6 cables approved by Key Digital.
* Key Digital® HDMI® product specifications are given using only Key Digital HDMI cables. Using any other cables can alter or prevent your Key Digital HDMI product from meeting the given features and benefits of our advanced line of HDMI products. HDMI Products using CAT5e/6 cabling should be properly terminated and of high grade in order to maintain the best performance possible. cables will insure these products good performance in hostile RF interference environment.
Important: Due to differences between Category (CAT5/5e/6) cables, quality of power and ground wiring at the installation and to ensure the maximum performance for HDMI signals, the use of CAT6 STP cable must be used for all configurations where the following products are installed: KD-HDMSW4X4, KD-HDMS4x4, KD-BBTX and KD-BBRX. The CAT6 cable has to be terminated according to TIA/EIA-568-B standard. The shield of CAT6 must be soldered on both ends to the shield of RJ45 connector used. Key Digital cannot guarantee the performance of switchers and baluns, if cables other than that specified are used.